JD Cotter Search was founded upon the philosophy that employment is equally important to employer and employee alike. People’s lives, attitudes, and quality of life are directly linked to their employment.
The applicant should possess the ability to assist clients in identifying or further defining a problem, conceptualize multiple solutions, and present to the client. The successful applicant should be able to put into practice the desired solution through a concisely engineered project package.
The ability to work within a project team as well as direct the work of others is necessary.
Successful applicant must be able to demonstrate acquired skills in the following areas:
- Engineering experience in a commercial environment is required
- Consulting engineering experience a plus
- Working knowledge of power and lighting systems and how they apply to commercial installations
- The capability to conduct on-site surveys to establish and document accurate field conditions
- The skills necessary to attend and conduct client meetings and to confirm client requirements and expectations
- Work with clients to develop detailed scope of projects
- Direct drafting personnel to develop project documents
- Take an active role in field investigations required for project development
- Ability to perform own drafting is desirable
- Direct drafting personnel in developing final construction drawings
- Work and closely coordinate with other departments throughout the entire project
- Develop construction documents, scopes of work, schedules, etc., for contractor bid packages
- Develop engineering and construction probable cost estimates
- Monitor construction activities to assure adequate quality for clients
- Proficient in AutoCAD a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel required
* BS in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
* Licensed PE in the state of Indiana preferred, but not required.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in consulting engineering or practical/construction experience in commercial/light industrial buildings
Apply to JD Cotter Search, Inc. (Electrical Engineer - Commercial Construction)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.