We side with style over fashion, think timelessness is underrated and find that clothes look best when they’re lived in. We love color-blocking and pattern mixing and temper tomboy with heels. We're fans of tousled hair and think everything’s right when something’s left just a little imperfect.
J.Crew is looking for a Web Systems Administrator to be responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining website specific applications and servers, including web servers, application servers and database servers, in support of business processing requirements. He/She will perform software installations and upgrades to layered software packages in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. They will monitor and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Develop and promote standard operating procedures. Conduct routine hardware and software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configurations as defined by J.Crew.
* Effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems and related infrastructure for the jcrew.com ecommerce website.
* Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
* Assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology.
* Definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out of the solutions.
**Operations and Support**
* Accountable for managing Web servers, Application servers running under Linux and Windows systems that support the website infrastructure.
* Managed applications fall under J2EE based Content Management, E-Commerce, Search and Image areas.
* Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, system and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as key daily processes.
* Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions, create, change, and delete user accounts per request, provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies, and investigate and troubleshoot issues.
* Upgrade and configure system software that supports website infrastructure applications or Content/Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
* Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
* Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning, ongoing performance tuning and resource optimization as required.
* Work with a variety of ad-hoc problems that may arise and the SA has to decide which answer/direction is best based on available data points and past experience.
* Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues.
* Responsibilities will require working evenings and weekends. Flexibility is required to execute time critical tasks with little advanced notice. No regular travel required.
* Bachelor’s degree with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
* Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Linux is a plus.
* 3 years of system administration experience involving expertise with managing following:
* Web Server: Apache
* Application Servers: J2EE E-commerce platform (JBoss, Weblogic, WebSphere, Blue Martini etc)
* Database Server: Oracle
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.