Invitae is a genetic information company whose mission is to bring genetic information into routine medical practice to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people.
Invitae seeks a marketing generalist to support ongoing customer acquisition activities by writing, editing, and project managing a wide variety of customer-facing materials from glossy brochures to in-depth white papers and everything in between. This position is part of the marketing communications team and works collaboratively with the sales, scientific, billing, legal, managed care, and clinical teams to complete projects. The ideal candidate will have significant experience editing and developing marketing content and will be highly organized, an excellent communicator, and a team player. This is a high-speed, high-stakes role. The successful candidate will be excellent at juggling dozens of projects at once while ensuring that each accurately represents Invitae’s brand, policies and test offerings all with perfect grammar.
* Partner with others on the marketing team to produce a variety of global customer-facing materials including flyers, brochures, fact sheets, white papers, webpages, email content, and ads on deadline.
* Support customer acquisition campaigns by providing input on ad copy and landing pages.
* Edit materials for messaging, grammar, and voice.
* Build webpages and emails using content management and marketing automation systems.
* Manage projects from start to finish, including design, approvals, printing/posting, and distribution.
* Juggle a large number of projects efficiently and effectively.
* Communicate status of ongoing projects and effectively prioritize incoming requests.
* Minimum 2 years of experience in editing and/or project management (or educational equivalent); must provide samples of writing and editing portfolio.
* Flawless editing and proofreading skills, and an eye for website and email design.
* Demonstrated knowledge of strategic marketing concepts and proven ability to analyze marketing situations/needs and recommend appropriate tactics.
* Ability to work and communicate effectively in both scientific and non-technical settings.
* Skilled project manager who enjoys working on a large number of projects under tight deadlines.
* Ability to effectively manage, track and prioritize multiple complex projects simultaneously, under pressure, with a high degree of accuracy while meeting stringent and overlapping deadlines.
* Strategic thinker who will add value, rather than simply deliver exactly what’s requested.
* Thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys being challenged.
* Bonus points for knowledge of medicine/genetics and familiarity with web content management systems, automated email systems, and Photoshop.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.