Interactive Brokers LLC (IB) is a low cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for individuals, advisors, prop trading groups, brokers and hedge funds. IB's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds and funds on over 100 markets worldwide from a single IB Universal account.
Interactive Brokers Group is seeking a Java Developer/Web Apps for our Tax System Development Group to participate in all phases of the development cycle for our customer-facing brokerage systems.
The successful candidate will develop and maintain a large scale tax form collection and reporting system. The system supports Domestic (US) and international tax withholding and reporting including support for FATCA (Foreign Accounts Tax Compliance Act), CRS (OECD Common reporting standard), Canadian, UK and Australian tax regulations. Responsibilities include the tax form collection wizard that guides the customer through the complex rule set to provide the correct tax forms. Tax forms are checked for consistency and tax IDs and GIIN are validated against external sources. On the backend the system calculates the applicable withholding status and rates applicable to each account.
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
* 2 years experience in developing multi-tiered web applications (backend/middleware/frontend)
* Expert level knowledge of either frontend/middleware web technologies or database design/development.
* Generalist level knowledge of Tomcat, JavaBeans, jQuery, JSON, AJAX
* Exposure to UNIX/Linux
* Problem solver, attention to details, fast learner
* Self-motivated and directed
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.