Insomniac Games is an independent video games developer that created the Ratchet & Clank and Resistance franchises. It has two studios: One in Burbank, California and the other in the Raleigh-Durham area in North Carolina.Founded in 1994, Insomniac Games is based in Burbank, California.
We are looking for an Animator to join our team who will be responsible for creating high quality animations of 3D characters, weapons, vehicles and cameras for both gameplay and cinematic sequences.
* Create high quality in-game and cinematic animations using hand key animation and motion capture data
* Work well in a highly collaborative environment with other animators, designers, and programmers, as well as the ability to communicate effectively and take direction well
* Successfully implement characters using all the necessary tools including proprietary software
* Ability to manipulate motion capture data within Maya and Motion Builder to achieve desired performance while maintaining the integrity of the base mocap data.
* Ability to animate a variety of facial expressions
* Other duties may be assigned
* Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, covering all basic animation principles and techniques.
* At least two years’ experience working with motion capture to create in-game and cinematic performances that go beyond the underlying motion capture and exude personality.
* Extensive knowledge of Maya and MotionBuilder, and a working knowledge of basic office programs such as Word and Excel.
* Advanced and demonstrated understanding of basic animation principles including squash and stretch, timing and motion, anticipation, staging, weight, and appeal.
* A fundamental understanding of creating animation content for video games. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.