**Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:**
* MS/BS degree in Food Science, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or a closely related field with 2 to 5+ years with hands-on laboratory experience.
* Knowledge in food chemistry, food ingredients, and food analysis, especially of plant-based foods, such as plant proteins, fruits, and vegetables.
* An understanding in physical processing of food ingredients; including, but not limited to, various forms of heat treatments, pressure, pulsed-electric fields, vacuum, fractionation technologies, filtration, etc.
* Experience in analytical techniques such as HPLC, SEC, and DSC and/or other laboratory instrumentation including general troubleshooting ability.
* Basic knowledge on various food ingredients and their functionalities is preferred.
* Good mathematical and data analysis skills and familiarity with analytical calculations.
* Ability to perform various assignments involving both routine and standard operations with minimal or no supervision.
* Ability to quickly adapt and modify research plans as appropriate.
* Strong computer skills; proficiency of using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint in particular) and ability to construct complex spreadsheets, graphs, and charts.
* Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to clearly communicate research findings through presentations and reports.
* Excellent organizational skills and maintaining a well-organized, clean, functional laboratory environment.
**Desired behavior, personal attributes:**
* Enthusiasm for laboratory work and method development and willingness to learn new skills.
* Team player who can adapt to a dynamic and demanding work environment.