(San Francisco, California)
Job Posting Details
Launched in 2011, HotelTonight offers the world’s best mobile apps for booking hotels. We make it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing last-minute rates on your mobile device, for tonight, tomorrow and next week. When hotels have unsold rooms, they load them onto the app, which means incredible deals. We screen every hotel featured, and only work with ones you'll love.
HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing last-minute rates on your mobile device, for tonight, tomorrow and next week. Our mission is to make people feel more alive by delivering the unexpected and we're looking for an iOS Engineer to help do just that. As a mobile-only company, HotelTonight is at the cutting edge of technology. You will get to take advantage of emerging trends in the market to deliver the best experience to our iOS users. You will have the chance to work in a fast-paced environment that puts high value on design and usability to achieve award-winning quality. As a part of a small, dedicated team, your input will have a large impact on the product that is shipped. An idea can go from concept to production in mere weeks. We ship every two weeks! To accomplish this, you’ll have access to the best tooling and work with a best-of-class team.
* Take ownership of features from start to end; shipping beautiful iOS products
* Review product requirements and help create technical specs for feature development
* Collaborate with our design team to bring creative ideas to the UI and craft a beautiful iOS experience
* Participate in code reviews of other engineering members’ code
* Collaborate with our partners to be among the first to roll out unique, iOS first features (Apple Pay, Apple Watch, etc.)
* 2-3 years of professional experience
* You’ve shipped one or more products to the App Store (include links for review)
* Experience: solid understanding of the benefits and challenges of building in the iOS ecosystem
* Self-motivated: familiar with modern design patterns and best engineering practices for iOS (your primary language is Objective-C and you’ve coded in Swift)
* Problem-solver: able to evaluate technical approaches to problems and provide viable alternative solutions
* Design-oriented: empathetic to the end user experience and thoughtful about what we can do to make it better
* Communicator: clearly and effectively communicate with leadership and others of varying technical levels
* Team player: you’re in it for the team, not just yourself!
Compensation and Working Conditions
Additional Notes on Compensation
Excellent health, dental, vision and 401k plans, and stock options too. Quarterly travel stipend, unlimited vacation, catered meals, subsidized cell phone plans and fitness memberships, access to our very own hotel-inspired full bar.