Hopper is a new kind of travel company that uses big data to empower travelers. The Hopper app for iOS and Android analyzes trillions of past and current trips to predict when you should fly and buy. The app notifies you when fares drop so you can book flights at just the right moment. Hopper is among the fastest growing travel apps ever, with over 10 million installs since it was launched in 2015.
We’re looking for a Video Editor to join our content team! You will play a key role in producing a wide variety of live action and animated video content that is created specifically for Hopper. As a Video Editor, you will work at the intersection of product, brand, and production to edit successful video content. Every day you'll be working on projects that will help define Hopper’s content strategy. Whether you're editing live action and animated video clips, adding illustrated bunnies and witty text overlays, assisting with video strategy, your contribution to successful content will be critical.
* Collaborate with content team on strategy and initial concepts for compelling short-form videos
* Edit live action and animated video content
* Incorporate emojis, text overlays, animations, and illustrations to tell a visual story
* Execute quickly and experiment with lots of different formats
* Be highly collaborative with the Product, Design, and external partners on strategy while considering company goals, timeline and ease of implementation
* Prioritize appropriately: Use good judgement to make appropriate tradeoffs to speed up learnings and balance competing, and often changing, priorities
* 1-2 years of proven experience editing compelling, shareable video content
* Adobe Creative Suite experience
* Experience with professional editing software like Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro
* Excellent sense of pace and timing, a knowledge for the best ways to grab viewers, and a sense for how to tell a powerful story in as little time as possible.
* Competence and understanding of design and production processes
* No ego when it comes to content; the focus is always on doing what is right for the customer and the company
* The ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty, ambiguity, and quickly evolving goals
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.