HomeAdvisor is the nation's largest digital home services marketplace matching homeowners and pre-screened service professionals. We are one of the biggest internet success stories in Colorado, growing from our startup days to nearly half of a billion dollars in annual revenue - yet we're nimble enough to stay ahead in the fast-changing internet ecosystem. All of this makes HomeAdvisor a great place to work.
HomeAdvisor wants a Java Developer with demonstrably strong internet-focused Java development experience to join our team of dedicated, passionate software engineers. Every application you work on will directly impact how our homeowners and service professionals connect and communicate. You'll deliver some of our most innovative and cutting-edge technology solutions to date.
As our team grows, we're looking for someone who loves to code and can work hand-in-hand with experts from product development, marketing, software test and other partners to determine the best solution (not just the easiest solution) to our business problems.
* A smart, results-oriented individual with a mix of passion for solid application architecture and coding, who also has the soft skills of building relationships and consensus.
* An individual with the ability and desire to see the big picture beyond the happy path, and bend the lens to see what's around the corner - we’re software professionals and we think in terms of what happens when not what happens if
* An economical mind with an intuition for understanding scope versus value and placing emphasis on the 80/20 rule.
* An empathetic person who mindfully intends to make it easier for the producers and consumers of their work to effectively do their jobs.
* An architectural thinker that values availability and scalability. We use distributed systems to make it all happen. We want people that think that is cool.
* Someone not afraid to make mistakes, and willing to take ownership of projects: gain a good understanding of the problem, work to negotiate an acceptable technology solution, find the tools and answers, and proactively build and deliver code.
* Very solid internet-focused Java JEE, particularly Java 8, development
* Understand SOA and OOP concepts
* Understand abstract problems and provide innovative solutions
* Work within a Servlet Container
* Work with Oracle RDBMS
* Ping pong, pool, foosball, or pinball
Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field.
3 years: Java
* 3 years: microservices
* 3 years: Spring
* 3 years: OO Design
* 3 years: SOA
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.