HomeAdvisor is the nation's largest digital home services marketplace matching homeowners and pre-screened service professionals. We are one of the biggest internet success stories in Colorado, growing from our startup days to nearly half of a billion dollars in annual revenue - yet we're nimble enough to stay ahead in the fast-changing internet ecosystem. All of this makes HomeAdvisor a great place to work.
HomeAdvisor is seeking an Android Developer for our team of smart, dedicated mobile developers. We're looking for a developer who has solid, demonstrable Android development experience, as well as some experience developing restful API services to support mobile apps.
As an Android Developer for HomeAdvisor, you'll have the chance to enhance and improve apps directed towards our service professionals and homeowners:
* Our Service Provider network recently surpassed 100k pre-screened home service professionals. Currently, over half of our network uses the Service Provider app daily and it is the heart of our company's success.
* Our award winning Homeowner app is used by HomeAdvisor’s most loyal customer to find and book trusted home pros, keep track of favorite pros and manage new projects.
Our goal is to provide our homeowner and service professional customers with best-in-class app experiences, all while driving value for HomeAdvisor.
We have an Agile (SCRUM) based team environment and release frequently. Your goal is to work hand-in-hand with experts from product development, UX, design, marketing, and software testing to build the best mobile app solutions for our Service Providers.
**Experience we're seeking:**
* 1+ years of Android mobile application development, with at least one application published in the app store
* Java, SQLite, JSON
* Experience working with Android Studio
* Expertise in using all the Android layout types
* Demonstrable experience in calling Restful APIs to sync phone data with a server
* Strong skills working with List Views, Content Providers, Services, and Loaders
* Unit testing of Android applications using Espresso
* Experience developing server side Rest APIs in Java
* Experience working on a SCRUM team
* 5 or more years of experience developing commercial software
* A strong passion for Android Development and keeping up to date on new platform developments
* Loving both mobile app development, and server side programming in Java
* Strong Java server side programming experience (Spring, Jersey, Tomcat)
* iOS development experience
* Football and/or ping pong skills
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.