HOK is a global design, architecture, engineering and planning firm.
We use design to enrich people’s lives and help organizations succeed. Our 1,800 people collaborate across a network of 24 offices on three continents.
We are currently seeking a Senior Design Professional to join our practice in Kansas City, MO. This person will perform architectural design job duties and, under preliminary direction from Project Architect or Project Manager, analyze and develop approaches to the creation and modification of architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc. ensuring the incorporation of design intent.
* Under preliminary direction from Project Architect or Project Manager, analyze and develop approaches to the creation and modification of architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc. ensuring the incorporation of design intent;
* Under direction, develop, modify, and review drawings according to established standards;
* Develop strong presentations and early design studies;
* Prepare 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings and build models for client/project team review;
* Understand and translate design intent into technical documents;
* May lead a small team of junior design personnel in developing solutions to technical and design detail problems following established standards;
* Assist in client consultation and contractor project information coordination;
* Assist team leader in ensuring that documentation for all phases conforms to Quality Assurance/Quality Control (“QA/QC”) and HOK Best Practice Standards;
* Apply proper QA/QC methods throughout project;
* Conduct product and code research and incorporate codes into technical documents;
* Mentor and direct junior staff and contribute to development reviews;
* Assure HOK document standards are met and archives documents appropriately;
* May participate in setting up project team software parameters and management of standards;
* Facilitate communication and track project data; and
* Incorporate Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
* Strong knowledge of architectural building systems.
* Strong knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
* Possess strong hand and CAD drafting skills.
* Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
* Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Proficiency in NewForma preferred.
* Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006 preferred.
* Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
* Proficiency in Revit and BIM preferred.
* Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
* Ability to work in team environment.
* Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
* Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Architectural Engineering or a closely-related degree;
* 3 years of experience in Architectural Design professional position working with Architectural building systems; Sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines; Hand and CAD drafting; AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop; 3D Modeling software (3D Studio Max or Viz 2006); Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software; and Revit and BIM; and
* Up to 10% travel to HOK or field locations
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.