HMSHost is part of Autogrill S.p.A. – the world’s largest provider of food and beverage services for travelers. Along with the rest of the Autogrill Group, we are recognized industry leaders who create innovative dining locations at airports and on motorways worldwide. With 37,000 associates and revenues of more than $2.8 billion, we use our experience and global reach to offer travelers an unparalleled blend of local, regional, and international brands.
The Bartender is responsible for greeting customers, taking drink/food orders, mixing ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, and sugar to prepare cocktails and other drinks, as well as serving beer and other beverages, and completing transactions; communicating ticket times and potential problems to the manager on duty and the servers as necessary; providing the highest quality of service to customers and associates at all times; performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to the Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, or General Manager depending upon local requirements.
* Greets customers and takes food order; provides information about products and looks for opportunity to "up-sell" products
* Follows recipes and/or product directions for mixing beverages
* Collects payments and operates cash registers for drinks and/or food served following company established cash handling policies and procedures for all transactions; secures all monies at the end of each shift
* Follows alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication and deals with intoxicated guests
* Follows all the company's customer service, adult beverage and cash handling policies and procedures
* Ensures a clean, sanitized and well stocked bar
* Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures
* Must meet state minimum age for serving alcoholic beverages
* Requires at least 1 year of closely related bartending experience, work experience in high volume or fast casual dining restaurant environment preferred
* Requires knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits as well as their preparation and presentation keeping updated on new and revised beverage recipes
* Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
* Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
* Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
* Cash handling and customer service experience preferred
* Frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.