HMS is enterprising healthcare. We provide the broadest range of healthcare cost containment solutions in the industry – all to help payers like you improve performance.
The Sr. IT Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific IT projects ensuring consistency with IT strategy, commitments and goals.
* Leads the planning and implementation of multiple IT projects.
* Facilitates the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
* Defines project tasks and resource requirements.
* Develops full scale project plans.
* Assembles and coordinates project staff.
* Manages project budget.
* Manages project resource allocation.
* Plans and schedules project timelines.
* Tracks project deliverables using appropriate tools.
* Provides direction and support to project team.
* Monitors and reports on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
* Presents reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
* Implements and manages project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
* Performs project evaluations and assessment of results.
* Demonstrates competence around the areas of product knowledge, relationship building, professionalism and personal excellence, leadership, people focus, and business development.
* Demonstrates attributes of presence, articulation, confidence, and persuasiveness.
* Demonstrates strong subject matter expertise.
* Develops more junior project management staff by mentoring and training.
* Expert level project management, meeting agreed to completion dates, and delivery of the desired results for multiple, parallel projects.
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
* Expert at communicating technology into business terms with customers at all levels.
* Internal process knowledge expert (RSL, Change management, change request, etc).
* Expert level analytical judgment.
* Customer Service Champion.
* Working knowledge of HIPAA privacy and Security rules.
* Ability to speak in groups, lead projects and provide a dynamic leadership presence.
* Ability to work independently to meet objectives.
* Ability to travel 10-20%.
* Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
* Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
* Direct work experience in project management capacity.
* Proven experience in leading project teams.
* Proven experience in strategic planning.
* Proven experience in risk management.
* Proficient in project management software.
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or IT preferred or equivalent experience.
* Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) or working towards PMP certification preferred
* 7+ years IT project management experience with demonstrated experience leading large scale IT deployment and implementation projects.
* In depth knowledge of IT terminology, engineering practices and processes.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.