Heartland Food Products Group, is a leader in the production and distribution of no calorie sweetener products, liquid water enhancers and aseptic processed, ready-to-drink, beverages.
The senior product development food scientist will be focused on the design, management and scale up of new products as well as reformulation activities of existing items. The duties in this position are expected to evolve over time as a result of the company’s growth and expansion into new technologies.
* Quickly develop understanding of all current products and formulations.
* Provide leadership in the areas of food science and R&D.
* Design new products based on targeted flavor profile, texture, color, shelf life and nutritional content while maintaining adherence to government and industry standards.
* Collaborate with ingredient vendors to obtain best product results and costing (brief suppliers and follow up on their progress)
* Lead pilot and commercial scale up trials
* Maintain and organize formulation records.
* Manage and implement cost savings projects and partner with Purchasing to define and evaluate areas of cost savings opportunities.
* Support logistics on the verification of ingredients in inventory for maturity or stability for processing and finished products for safety, quality, and nutritional value.
* Must be able to physically perform the functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions
* Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
* Ability to work in a flexible and fast paced environment.
* Must be able to lift 20 pounds
* Stand or walk for long periods of time.
* BS in Food Science required
* Minimum of 3 years of food industry experience in a Research and Development department
* Enjoy working in lab
* Must be flexible and willing to help where needed
* Experience working in plant and with quality standards desired
Apply to Heartland Food Products (Product Development Food Scientist)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.