HTA is dedicated to the medical office sector, which allows the company to develop dedicated, long term relationships with healthcare systems, academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, key physician groups, developers, and other industry participants in this space.
The Property Manager is a vital role in the company. This position is responsible for the successful day-to-day financial, administrative, leasing and maintenance operations of multiple healthcare related properties within the greater Phoenix and Tucson area while assuring the company’s standards are achieved and excellent customer service is delivered. This position works closely with HTA’s corporate office to ensure leasing and operations metrics are met and is integral for setting the portfolio operating and leasing objectives and plans to achieve them.
* Ensure contact with tenants on a regular basis to assess needs and provide resolution to tenant issues
* Ensure all rents are collected in accordance with property budget and tenant lease. Enforce collections process as applicable.
* Exhibit a thorough understanding of leases and ensure tenants and management personnel are in compliance.
* Ensure property rules and regulations are honored by all tenants (including managing COIs).
* Provide reporting for property operations including:
* developing property level budgets,
* tracking work orders,
* managing recoverable income,
* coding and approving invoices,
* reviewing and approving CAM reconciliations,
* understanding and reporting income/expense variances monthly
* Apply an understanding of best practices to hire, train and supervise maintenance technicians, property management personnel and any other reporting employees.
* Act as liaison between maintenance and tenants to assure all maintenance requests are addressed appropriately.
* Understand and coordinate building and building systems inspections.
* Develop specifications for contracts and capital items, bid and analyze bids from vendors
* Ensure that building is in compliance with all governmental regulations.
* Apply an understanding of the tenant improvement process, if that activity is part of tenant lease, and monitors the process through completion.
* Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner suitable for interaction with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
* BS/BA degree required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
* Commercial real estate professional with 5-10 years experience
* In depth experience is managing internal real estate teams.
* Healthcare real estate experience is helpful.
* Proven abilities to manage various types of properties in multiple locations
* Demonstrable experience successfully creating and enhancing value at all phases of a property’s life cycle
* Strong technical skills in budget preparation and reporting, finance, leasing, operations, underwriting, portfolio management asset management budgeting, cash flow projections and strategic planning
* Strong communication skills
* Excel in ability to influence others without direct control through consultative selling, effective articulation of ideas, and providing basis for conviction in strategy recommendations
* Strong negotiation skills and ability to create comprehensive proposals and recommendations
* Comprehensive skills in real estate accounting platforms such as MRI or Yardi.
* Arizona sales license required
Apply to Healthcare Trust of America (Property Manager)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.