**Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities**
* Complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, fabrication, and transportation of goods.
* Load and unload materials to and from designated storage area, such as racks, shelves, or vehicles. Stack or pile materials, such as lumber, boards, or pallets.
* Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
* Verify computations against physical count of stock.
* Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
* Receive and fill orders or sell supplies, materials, and products to installers and subcontractors.
* May drive truck to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials to designated locations or operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
**Nature and Scope**
* Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
* Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
* Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, including, but not limited to, using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
* Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.