HD Supply is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations, water infrastructure and residential and non-residential construction sectors.
Responsible for proper and timely recording of financial transactions in the general ledger in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Prepare and maintain complex financial statements and reports.
**Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities**
* Prepares standard and non-standard income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements, and various other accounting statements and reports.
* Ensures timely and accurate completion of monthly financial statements for management review and assists with the budget development.
* Analyzes financial reports and records, making recommendations relative to the accounting reserves, assets and expenditures.
* Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
* Conducts special studies and develops or recommends accounting methods and procedures.
* Coordinates accounting matters with other departments, locations and divisions.
* Assists with coordinating activities of associates performing accounting and bookkeeping tasks.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
**Nature and Scope**
* Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
* Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to results expected. Determines and develops approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
* May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
* Must be eighteen years of age
* Must pass the Drug Test
* Must pass the Background Check
* Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
**Education and Experience**
* Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline.
* Generally 5-8 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas
* MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas.
* Masters Degree or CPA preferred but not required.
* SAP exposure is HIGHLY preferred for this role.
* Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
* Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.