Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global company committed to Creating the World’s Best Play Experiences, by leveraging its beloved brands, including LITTLEST PET SHOP, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, MONOPOLY, MY LITTLE PONY, NERF and TRANSFORMERS, and premier partner brands. From toys and games, television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive lifestyle licensing program, Hasbro fulfills the fundamental need for play and connection for children and families around the world.
Under supervision of Quality Assurance and Laboratory management, the chemistry lab technician will work primarily with laboratory personnel to help in creating/preparing new formulas for children’s art products and toy chemistries. The Chemistry Lab Technician will make and test samples, with acceptable completion of testing and documentation of all test results. They will also be responsible for maintaining the lab, ordering, and storing of chemicals and chemical data sheets.
* New Product Development: Prepare formulas for new and improved products with focus on consumer safety and quality. Assist with bench work.
* New Product Testing: Test all formulas for performance and stability.
* Data Entry: Maintain test calendar, accurate lab notebooks, and stability databases.
* Lab upkeep: Practice safe and clean lab habits. Organize and order chemicals and chemical data sheets as needed.
* Hasbro Standards: Develop a basic understanding of the product development process and a working knowledge of industry regulations and standards for toys and games through our safety and reliability specifications.
* Innovation: Apply chemistry knowledge to suggest and explore new and safe approaches towards innovative products.
* Detail oriented, creative and analytical, with strong learning, observation, problem solving, and decision making skills.
* Graduate from a 2 or 4 year institute with a concentration in chemistry