Greenwich Hospital is a 206-bed regional hospital, serving Fairfield County, Connecticut and Westchester County, New York. It is a major academic affiliate of Yale University School of Medicine and a member of the Yale New Haven Health System.
In our Emergency Department, you will hear the strong voice of nursing. The value of teamwork goes above and beyond bedside tasks that the staff diligently and effortlessly perform. We thrive under pressure and rely on the diverse level of knowledge and expertise that our colleagues bring forward to enhance our clinical practice. The Registered Nurse practices within the Patient and Family Centered Care Model will assess, plan, implement and evaluate care for patients, coordinate ancillary staff and collaborate with interdisciplinary health care team.
* Nursing Practice/Nursing Process
* Delivers and coordinates safe, competent, and effective patient focused care demonstrating knowledge and clinical proficiency within their practicing specialty area.
* Professional Integration
* Serves as a positive professional role model demonstrating accountability and responsibility through professional behavior.
* Uses effective communication, time management and prioritization skills.
* Demonstrates a commitment to honor and respect the dignity of each person within their department/unit
* Quality/Performance Management
* Contributes to department effectiveness by offering suggestions and ideas that improve performance.
* Support of Unit Goals
* Dedicates work time in the areas of leadership, education, nursing practice or performance management to support advancement of unit goals in agreement with the Nurse Manger.
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing; BSN strongly recommended. ACLS, PALS; CEN within 2 years of hire.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a BSN degree.
RN in State of Connecticut or Permit; Basic Life Support (BLS)
May be exposure to infectious diseases. Will be exposed to physical, mental and emotional illness as well as end of life conditions and death. Moderate stress and risk of injury from patient care. Standing/walking for more than half of the day. Frequently bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, twisting and lifting. Must be able to assist pushing/pulling/lifting patients ranging from five (5) to three hundred (300) pounds.
Apply to Greenwich Hospital (Registered Nurse for Emergency Department)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.