Greenwich Hospital is a 206-bed regional hospital, serving Fairfield County, Connecticut and Westchester County, New York. It is a major academic affiliate of Yale University School of Medicine and a member of the Yale New Haven Health System.
Assists the surgeon in the Operating Room and provides aid in exposure, hemostasis and other technical functions during surgery. Ability to provide appropriate care for patients of all ages (birth to adulthood). Provides appropriate care pre and post-op under the direction of the surgeon.
* Accountable for the delivery of quality patient care
* Consults with surgeon prior to surgery concerning individualized patient needs.
* Participates as a team member in the implementation of the patient's plan of care.
* Confirms patient's identity and proper consent for surgery.
* Assists with the preparation of equipment and supplies required for the surgical procedure.
* Plans for coordinates supplies and equipment for intra operative use.
* Demonstrates responsibility to the department and a commitment to
* Personal career growth.
* Contributes to the productivity and efficient operation of the department.
* Uses time efficiently in regard to overtime and completes assignments with minimal errors and within the shift.
* Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
* The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's/area's/department's policies and procedures.
B.S.,P.A. (N.C.C.P.A.) National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistant, Inc.
1-3 years experience
Licensed in Ct.
Knowledge in tissue handling technique, knot-tying hemostasis techniques and appropriate use of instruments
Standing/walking at least half the day and occasionally working in awkward positions while holding retractors when assisting and supporting extremities. Helping lift heavy objects ten (10) to twenty (20) pounds and assisting with moving of patients ranging from one hundred (100) to three hundred (400) pounds. Moderate stress related to patient care.