Greenwich Hospital is a 206-bed regional hospital, serving Fairfield County, Connecticut and Westchester County, New York. It is a major academic affiliate of Yale University School of Medicine and a member of the Yale New Haven Health System.
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Nursing Assistant has the knowledge and ability to assist in the delivery of patient care as delegated by a
registered professional nurse. Able to provide appropriate care to patients regardless of age, showing sensitivity toward individual needs. Willing to accept responsibility for individual job requirements and performance, able to contribute to effective unit operations.
* Assists the nurse in providing care to patients.
* Provides direct physical patient care following the accepted procedures and in accordance with the nursing assistant's skills.
* Communicates complaints of pain, requests for pain medication or changes in body function to the Registered Nurse.
* Assures patients have clean water and personal items needed are within reach. Assures that the call light is within the patient's reach. Participates in maintaining the cleanliness of the patient's area.
* Provides fall prevention monitoring for patient safety.
* Provides bedpans and urinals at the request of the patient and in anticipation of the patient needs.
* Answers call lights within a timely manner and participates in hourly rounding.
* Constant observation for patients with altered mental status or patients requiring 1:1 observation.
* Alerts the nurse of potential concerns.
* Measures and reports data from nasal and abdominal tube drainage at the direction of the Registered Nurse and in accordance with hospital procedures.
* High School diploma or GED and CNA required
* English speaking, basic mathematics and computer skills and knowledge of basic patient care.
* Ability to read, write, basic computer skills and understand the English language; ability to perform basic mathematics; ability to carry out directions; must possess a mature, sympathetic and caring attitude with the ability to be sensitive to the varied needs of the GH patient population; must be flexible, cooperative, and able to meet the demands of the NA position using appropriate communication techniques; must pass the Greenwich Hospital Competency Program before providing patient care independently.
Apply to Greenwich Hospital (Nursin Assistant - Intermediate Care; PER DIEM)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.