Greencore is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. It is a leading UK manufacturer of sandwiches and other food to go products to grocery retailers, with complementary positions in other convenience food categories, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces & pickles, cakes & desserts and Yorkshire Puddings. In the US Greencore is a leading US manufacturer of sandwiches, meal kits and salads to CPG, convenience retail and food service leaders
We’ve got a great opportunity for a Process Development Technologist to join our team at our Jacksonville, FL manufacturing plant. As Process Development Technologist, you’ll act as a key link between the product development kitchen and the production line. With a focus on product trials, you will be responsible for the planning, preparation and successful delivery of process development, as well as line trials, to support the smooth transition to full production and launch. Product consistency throughout the process is essential in order to meet customer requirements, so you’ll need a good eye for detail.
In the role of Process Development Technologist, you’ll be monitoring and communicating process trends and analyzing data to ensure that the launch date is met with a keen eye on process optimization. You’ll need to challenge and investigate potential continuous improvement projects and facilitate relevant trials to drive product enhancements, while ensuring everything complies with food safety and quality standards.
You will ensure that all line trials are fully documented and will provide guidance and advice to cross functional manufacturing teams, building strong relationship to drive results. You will also provide information to support the creation of customer and factory specifications, leading to the accurate and appropriate product labeling information.
* You will have a degree in Food Science or related field, alongside previous experience of working within food manufacturing.
* You’ll have strong communication and influencing skills and be comfortable in dealing with a wide range of people at all levels.
* You’ll have strong organizational skills alongside the ability to manage multiple tasks, always focusing on delivering results against tight deadlines.
* With expertise in interpretation of customer code of practice, you’ll have the ability to evaluate and interpret shelf life results.
* Knowledge of legal labeling legislation and a variety of retailer web based systems is required alongside a strong level of general computer literacy.
* Not only will you be working for one of the country’s leading food manufacturers, but you’ll also get to work for a company that really does put people at the core.
Apply to Greencore (Process Development Technologist)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.