As one of the largest diversified heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers in the United States, we strive to provide our customers with the highest standards of quality, value, and service on every project.
This position is responsible for sourcing and pricing parts and supplies with local vendors. Position is responsible for taking advantage of national purchasing agreements and working with office staff to process purchase orders and invoices.
1. Utilize national purchasing agreements and bulk discounts to yield lower maintenance and facilities costs at Granite shops.
2. Administer purchase orders and invoices to ensure proper charge-out and cost accounting.
3. Work with Equipment Superintendent, Foreman, and mechanics to ensure parts are ordered accurately and received in a timely manner to avoid equipment downtime.
4. Maintain small inventory of filters and other common parts to expedite routine maintenance and repairs.
5. Act as a primary point of contact for vendor sales representatives and share pricing information when appropriate with Corporate Equipment Department.
6. Perform other miscellaneous shop and administrative tasks as assigned by the Equipment Superintendent.
* High School Education required, BS in business preferred.
* Extensive experience in equipment or truck shop required.
* Accounting or administrative experience preferred.
**Knowledge, skills, and abilities**
* Expert computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet and scheduling software.
* Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.
* Team player
* Ability and willingness to abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis
Apply to Granite Construction Inc (Shop Purchasing Agent)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.