Getaround is an on-demand carsharing marketplace powered by our proprietary hardware technology, the Getaround Connect. Headquartered in San Francisco since 2009, we won TechCrunch Disrupt in 2011, and launched on-demand carsharing just two years later. Getaround has grown to over 200,000 members across the US by allowing users to rent, unlock and drive all with your phone.
We're looking for a motivated and hands-on manager with strong skills in marketing to launch and grow a Getaround market. The General Manager will be directly responsible for growing both sides of our marketplace (cars and renters), as well as scaling city infrastructure to match our rapid growth.
You will need proven operational prowess, marketing savvy, and a growth mindset, as well as the ability to manage a team to execute Getaround’s vision. You'll also need experience with hands-on customer-service responsibilities and complete comfort engaging in customer issues. You’ll also be working collaboratively with car owners to constantly improve our growing marketplace.
* Work with Getaround's City Team to launch and manage a market, owning the growth, operations, and community functions
* Manage your city’s P&L, setting and tracking budgets
* Lead efforts around city and state regulatory concerns
* Represent Getaround at local press and media events
* Accelerate growth of both cars and renters on our platform through local marketing (street marketing, email marketing, and social media engagement) and effective local partnerships
* Collaborate across all markets by developing best practices with both other General Managers and with HQ
* Improve processes and develop tools in conjunction with various teams at Getaround HQ
* At least 5 years of multidisciplinary management experience, including marketing and operations
* Data-informed attitude with deep analytical thinking
* Out-of-the-box thinker who will find creative ways to hit growth targets
* Ability to thrive in a remote market, leading a small local team, in an autonomous way
* Disciplined and well-organized with proven leadership abilities – capable of managing teams with multiple functions
* Entrepreneurial mindset and natural desire to get stuff done
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.