Getaround is an on-demand carsharing marketplace powered by our proprietary hardware technology, the Getaround Connect. Headquartered in San Francisco since 2009, we won TechCrunch Disrupt in 2011, and launched on-demand carsharing just two years later. Getaround has grown to over 200,000 members across the US by allowing users to rent, unlock and drive all with your phone.
Getaround is seeking a highly motivated self-starter who thrives in a team environment and is excited to make it easier to own and share cars across the globe. In this role, you will pursue partnerships to increase both the car supply and new users on Getaround. You will also build and manage technology partnerships that leverage our core intellectual property to help define the future of mobility.
You will need a strong ability to quantify and think strategically about business and product opportunities, as well as a demonstrated track record of creating high-value partnerships.
* Evaluate partnership opportunities, performing a broad range of analysis to quantify and qualify opportunities
* Work with both internal and external product teams to drive product partnerships and influence the product roadmap to drive growth
* Lead contract negotiations to establish a strong working partnership grounded in sustainable economics for both parties
* Drive revenue generation by prospecting, qualifying, and closing new partnerships
* Develop strong relationships with key partners as part of our new market launch strategy
* Support the deal process from relationship building to due diligence, contract negotiation and post-signing integration and project management
* Work to build and maintain partnerships with state and local government, national brands, parking operators, and auto dealerships
* Work with marketing and sales to execute promotional partnerships with automotive partners
* 3-5 years of experience in business development
* Investment banking, management consulting, private equity experience a plus
* Proven track record of building and executing on partnerships
* Strong use of insights and data-informed decision making
* Startup hustle and passion for taking cars off the road
* Extremely proactive, self-starter mentality with strong organizational skills
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and provide comprehensive solutions for varying partner needs
* Ability to thrive under pressure in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
* Demonstrated experience using Excel, Google Apps, and business intelligence applications
* Experience working with governments at both city and state levels
* Experience with garage operators, real estate developers, and auto brands