General Assembly is a venture-backed, NYC-based startup focusing on education for individuals and enterprises in the areas of technology, design, and entrepreneurship. We currently have physical classrooms in 15 cities across 4 continents, with tens of thousands of students coming through our doors.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team member to join our lean and effective HR Team. You’ll be responsible for driving the employee experience starting with onboarding. This role will work closely with the HR Analyst, HR Ops Specialist, Business Partners and Directors, as well as the Payroll team as an apprentice to the Payroll Manager.
* Prepare and ensure accuracy and signatures for offer letters for all prospective employees globally
* Manage the distribution and collection/completion of New Hire Paperwork
* Act as the first point of contact for all new hires joining the organization
* Continually question and upgrade processes to be as user friendly, efficient and scalable as possible
* Create and administer internal promotion letters and internal transfer letters
* Complete employment verifications, unemployment requests, as well as I9 and e-verify verifications
* Maintain the HRIS database as needed in partnership with HR Ops team
* Learn the payroll process and assist in data integration with the payroll system
* Enjoys multi-tasking and is able to establish a rhythm and operating system for meeting all deadlines
* Loves data and takes pride in getting it right - is accurate, produces documents that do not need correcting
* Very strong grammatical written and verbal skills
* Is passionate about learning the payroll process and is detail oriented
* Is a confidential person and respects private information
* 1-2 years of support experience in a busy, fast paced office environment
* Experience must include regular, daily written and verbal communication volume
* Fully proficient in a Mac and Google environment
* Proficient in Excel
* Prior experience handling confidential information
Apply to General Assembly (HR Operations Coordinator)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.