General Assembly is a venture-backed, NYC-based startup focusing on education for individuals and enterprises in the areas of technology, design, and entrepreneurship. We currently have physical classrooms in 15 cities across 4 continents, with tens of thousands of students coming through our doors.
The Billing Coordinator will play a key role on the Accounting team, ensuring the timely and accurate performance and monitoring of the billing process. The ideal candidate is dedicated to providing timely and accurate billing and invoicing, as well as supporting our internal and external customers in the process.
* Review Contracts for proper revenue recognition, creation of PO’s, accurate and timely invoicing.
* Keep track of accounts and process incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
* Reconciling payments received with bank, internal tools and general ledger.
* Verify discrepancies and resolve student/clients’ billing questions.
* Verify billing accounts with accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
* Generate financial statements and reports detailing billing and accounts receivable status.
* Assist Manager and Controller with Month End Close.
* Ad-Hoc Projects as assigned.
* Service-minded perspective.
* Ability to work with cross-functional teams independently.
* Work under pressure with little supervision.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to multi-task and shift gears when necessary, while still meeting deadlines.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on providing timely and satisfactory responses.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Basic understanding of accounting rules.
* 1+ years in A/R and/or billing experience.
* Proficient with Excel.
* Financial systems experience (e.g., Oracle, NetSuite, GreatPlains, etc.).
* Start-up experience preferred.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.