At Ford, we go further to make our cars better, our employees happier and our planet a better place to be. Learn more about the work that makes Ford a company that we’re proud to be a part of.
People working together as a lean, global enterprise to make people’s lives better through automotive and mobility leadership.
We are seeking CAD trained engineering candidates we can train in a growth role here at Ford in Vehicle Package Engineering. The ideal candidate will have or are about to complete a Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering degree, have maintained a minimum 3.0 or above GPA in the role, and have passed one course in a CAD Modeling software program. A plus is a candidate that has experience in a group engineering project such as Formula SAE, vehicle design/engineering, or other engineering focus.
* Entry level engineering position with growth potential for high-achieving, highly motivated individual. A career opportunity in the area of Vehicle Architecture Engineering is now available for showcasing your knowledge, skills and leadership during the critical early design phase of our new car and truck programs. The Vehicle Architecture team is developing the next generation of Ford and Lincoln vehicles!
* Establishment of vehicle interior/occupant package targets (including driver accommodation, roominess, exterior visibility, ease of ingress & egress, interior stowage and cargo space), and overall vehicle mechanical package targets (including exterior dimensions, wheel and tire sizing and clearances, ground clearance, underhood clearances, and underhood appearance)
* Communication of targets by developing and cascading 3D CAD zones, and working with the Design Studio and component engineers as the vehicle design progresses to ensure targets are met
* Orchestration of overall vehicle layout with cross-functional organizations, ensuring design integration and geometric compatibility with mechanical and occupant package objectives
* Identification of vehicle package target and geometric compatibility issues, and development of solution alternatives considering trade-offs (quality, function, weight, cost, assembly feasibility, etc.)
* Analysis of customer satisfaction and quality data for internal and competitive products.
* Benchmarking of competitive vehicles
* BS in Engineering required
* Minimum 3.0 or above GPA required
* 1 course passed in a CAD Modeling software program
* MS in engineering
* University sponsored Formula SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers International), Baja SAE vehicle experience, or similar vehicle team experience
* 3 months of experience in engineering discipline; e.g., internships
* Passion for engineering and product excellence
* Proven ability to progress mechanical design solutions for complex systems
* Outstanding communication and presentation skills
Apply to Ford (Vehicle Architecture- Vehicle Package Engineer)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.