At Ford, we go further to make our cars better, our employees happier and our planet a better place to be. Learn more about the work that makes Ford a company that we’re proud to be a part of.
People working together as a lean, global enterprise to make people’s lives better through automotive and mobility leadership.
A high-potential Analytics Scientist is needed to assist in all phases of the development, deployment, and evaluation of analytical modeling tools. The specific position is in the Scorecard team within Credit Analytics at Ford Motor Credit Company, which is a part of the Global Data Insight and Analytics skill team. We are looking for highly motivated, multi-faceted individuals to work in an important functional area.
* Developing and executing models to support business questions
* Fully understand the complex scorecard data structure
* Investigate data issues
* Maintain operational models and algorithms through their lifecycle
* Continuously explore ways to enhance models and find opportunities in origination and collection area
* Developing metrics and reports to monitor model accuracy and evaluate performance
* Preparing analysis to back-test and compare competing models and methodologies
* Work with data sources on multiple platforms (PC, Mainframe, Unix/Linux, and Teradata)
* Execute both descriptive and inferential analyses in a timely manner
* Effectively communicate and present technical material to a broad audience
* Work with multiple teams to conduct and support origination/collection analyses
* Master’s Degree in a quantitative field of study
* 2+ years of experience with statistical modeling
* 2+ years of experience conducting statistical analysis in a business or academic environment
* Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Operation Research or Engineering
* Experience in logistic regression, maximum likelihood estimation, linear and non-linear modeling, causal inference, survival analysis
* Ability to translate complex quantitative analysis into business insights and present to a non-technical audience
* Ability to handle multiple projects within a given timeframe
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to collaborate and support team work
* Experience using SAS, R or Matlab. Some SQL programming experience is preferred
* Strong problem formulation and problem solving skills
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.