FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by Forbes® Magazine as one of the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2013, the Company has approximately 19,500 employees and operates 30 production facilities in 17 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems.
As a member of the Enterprise Network team, the Senior Network Engineer will frequently be called upon to diagnose and resolve difficult network problems and to interact with application support teams to diagnose network / application performance issues. The selected individual will demonstrate strong networking skills and will be responsible for the ongoing implementation and support of our enterprise network. This is a deeply technical, hands-on role for an experienced individual with a proven background in building and maintaining high performance, highly available secure enterprise networks. The candidate is expected to be well organized and excel both independently and in a team environment, with minimal supervision.
* Designs, installs, maintains and supports a large enterprise network infrastructure.
* Analyzes network performance data and statistics prepares reports and recommends changes and improvements to ensure performance and availability objectives.
* Detect, diagnose and resolve network problems using methods that minimally impact the production environment.
* Maintain network security controls and compliance on all network hardware.
* Performs Tier 3 support for the network infrastructure when problems or issues cannot be resolved by Help Desk or Tier 2 support staff.
* Participate in infrastructure capacity planning and expansion activities.
* On call after hours is necessary for problem resolution, and project management/installations.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to grasp new concepts and apply them.
* Ability to work under multiple deadlines and minimal supervision.
* Demonstrated ability to understand and analyze customer requirements and provide appropriate solutions.
* Strong communication and documentation skills.
* Demonstrated calm and professional demeanor when handling demanding situations.
* Proven experience in completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis.
* Strong knowledge of troubleshooting methodologies as they apply to resolving highly technical network problems.
* Must have working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, IP addressing, subnets and routing.
* Strong understanding of networking concepts.
* Stays current with network trends to support new applications, incorporating industry standards and best practices.
* Knowledge of Wireshark, SNMP, TFTP and NMS.
* CCNP or equivalent knowledge of Cisco devices preferred.
Apply to FMC Technologies (Senior Network Engineer)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.