Factual is a location platform that enables personalized and contextually relevant mobile experiences by enriching mobile location signals with definitive global data.
At its core, Factual is a data company, and we’re looking for a product designer who can take Factual’s complex data and mobile personalization/ad-targeting products and craft intuitive and elegant experiences around them. Ultimately, making our data accessible for our customers can be a challenging task, and it requires the ability to synthesize a number of technical requirements with broad and potentially conflicting points of view to make choices around how to organize our product interfaces and to visualize our data.
This position will leverage all of your skills as a product designer, and you will be responsible for designing products and features, taking them from early concepts and wireframing through prototyping, implementation, and iteration - all according to committed time frames. You’ll work with multiple teams, including product managers, engineers, graphic designers, and sales and marketing teams. You will also be interfacing with Factual customers and partners to solicit feedback and requirements for your products. We want you to feel comfortable working in both rough wireframes as well as the later stages of UI design, looking for ways to measure and improve user experience across Factual’s suite of products with graphical and interaction polish.
This position is in Factual’s Los Angeles or San Francisco offices.
- Gather and synthesize diverse feedback from multiple constituents (users, customers, product managers, sales, engineers) to design new features and interfaces for Factual’s products and customer-facing UIs
Iterate on designs and push product features from concept through final implementation and polish, working with product managers to prioritize and develop time commitments
- Create user flows, wireframes to define simple and intuitive experiences for users both internal and external
- Create mockups when pixel level detail is required for a design prior to implementation
- Develop and implement product measurement and success processes
- Constantly re-evaluate and iterate on product interfaces based on feedback and measured performance bottlenecks.
- Experience designing and shipping web-based products and interfaces (bonus points for projects requiring complex data visualization)
- Ability to clearly articulate and justify your design decisions
- Knowledge of common concepts and best practices in interaction design
- Demonstrated technical ability or experience working as a designer in a highly technical environment.
- You don’t have to have worked as a full time engineer, but Factual is an engineering-heavy company, so technical skills and understanding, even on our design team, goes a long way here
- Track record of delivering complex projects according to target time schedules
- Strong sense of visual design, including typography, color theory, and illustration.
- Adobe Creative Suite expertise (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Experience with some common server-side frameworks and languages (Rails, Node, etc.)
- Experience with some common client-side libraries and frameworks (Bootstrap, JQuery, Angular, React, etc.)
- Responsive design experience
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.