At Express Scripts we believe in practicing pharmacy smarter. We put medicine within reach of tens of millions of people by aligning with our customers, taking bold action and delivering patient-centered care to make better health more affordable and accessible.
Under the supervision of the Pharmacist, the intern will have ownership for one or more specific department related projects. The intern will assist the Pharmacist in dispensing medications, conduct research, review internal processes, and update/develop drug information and patient materials.
* Candidate must complete a minimum of 2 years at an accredited pharmacy school to be eligible for the pharmacy internship
* Intern will be based at Whitestown, IN site and will also spend some time at the Indianapolis site. Some travel may be possible (< 10%).
* Focus will be specialty pharmacy with additional opportunities to learn about home delivery mail order pharmacy and pharmacy benefit management
* Intern will assist with and/or lead clinical training for pharmacists and nurses and non-clinical training for pharmacy technicians and patient care advocates.
* Journal clubs, project management, and presentations will also be required
* Observe/assist the Pharmacist interpret physician prescriptions and compounds.
* Observe/assist the Pharmacist dispense medications within regulatory guidelines.
* Assist the Pharmacist in reviewing accuracy of prescription data entry, order filling and shipping.
* Conduct on-line research for competitive products.
* Develop and update drug information for clinical program targeting.
* Review and develop patient and/or physician materials.
* Full-time student in an accredited Pharm.D. program; Preference given to students with 3.0 GPA or above
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
* Motivated self-starter; Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Attention to detail; Excellent analytical skills; Creative and resourceful; Strong business aptitude; Knowledge of the PBM or healthcare industry preferred
* Dates of Internship are May 14th-Aug 3rd, 2012; Students must be available to work M-F 8am-5pm during this time frame