In 1997, Engle Martin & Associates was formed with a comprehensive business philosophy: to provide the best insurance claim adjustment results in the industry, present the most talented personnel, foster an innovative and professional leadership team, and develop client-focused technology.
Engle Martin is a leading national independent loss adjusting and claims management provider. We provide a comprehensive line of service offerings including commercial property, casualty, inland marine/cargo, heavy equipment and large loss adjusting, as well as TPA/claims management and subrogation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive pay and benefits and an environment where teamwork, ongoing professional development, continuous improvement, and exceptional service are valued and rewarded.
We currently have an outstanding career opportunity for a Senior Property Adjuster. The Senior Property Adjuster effectively determines and communicates the extent of loss or damage associated with commercial property claims in a variety of business classes. The incumbent assists the insurer in fulfilling its obligation to policyholders and helps safeguard the insurer’s reputation and efficacy.
* Investigates insurance claims in any of a variety of settings.
* Uses knowledge of property and construction, and/or knowledge of the specific industry or business affected, personally conduct property inspections and photograph claim sites as necessary to depict and substantiate losses or damage, or the lack thereof.
* Obtains necessary information from the claimant and from experts such as architects, engineers, builders, construction workers, police officers, health care practitioners, accountants, and others to fully and accurately assess the extent of the loss.
* Works cooperatively with expert witnesses, attorneys, public adjusters, and carrier’s examiners as needed to conduct investigations, confirm findings and support evaluations.
* Applies understanding of insurance policies and policy interpretation, establishing appropriate loss estimates based on all relevant information and findings.
* Recommends the reasonable and proper amount the insurance company should pay on a claim.
* Ensures the accuracy of information collected and reported and guard against fraudulent claims, based on critical issues identified and accurate conclusions drawn.
* Prepares accurate, clear, thorough, and concise reports and letters to insurance carriers on conclusions and recommendations.
* Maintains accurate, thorough field notes, journal entries, and time and expense records as required.
* Ability to understand claims adjudication process
* Sound knowledge of commercial and residential construction industries and/or basic knowledge of automotive and transportation industry desirable
* Knowledge of property claim law; skills in analyzing, interpreting, synthesizing, prioritizing, and reporting pertinent information and discerning the essential from the non-essential
* Research and investigative abilities; negotiating, conflict resolution and persuasion abilities
* Baccalaureate degree in a related field, or demonstration of equivalent knowledge and critical thinking skills.
* Experience in commercial property adjusting or other insurance-related work is helpful, though not essential.
* Active license, or ability to promptly obtain such, in the assigned state(s).
Apply to Engle Martin & Associates (Senior Property Adjuster)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.