eMoney Advisor is the creator of the leading wealth-planning technology for financial professionals and firms, offering the cutting-edge solutions needed to succeed as the regulatory environment shifts, investor expectations change, and the industry landscape becomes increasingly competitive.
Defines, develops, maintains, and executes test scripts for IT projects and/or maintenance items in an Agile environment. Strives to ensure that user stories and/or system requirements are satisfied for internal and external application users with a more technical testing focus. Ensures project/sprint testing is complete and testing risks are identified prior to implementation. Manages defects from identification to closure through the Agile Software Development Life Cycle.
* Integrated Scrum team member that is responsible for upholding and ensuring quality assurance standards; contributes and participates in all Scrum activities and ceremonies.
* Reviews requirements/user stories and specifications and provides input during requirements and user story walkthroughs; participates in providing sprint estimates
* Defines, develops and maintains test cases, nUnit scripts, and/or automated scripts utilizing or Selenium; Robust focus on white-box testing
* Independently executes test plans and test scripts based on planned project schedules and in accordance with QA methodology.
* Develops and executes Unit tests, SQL queries, ability to validate API and interfaces
* Proactively escalates issues to the Scrum Master and alerts the project/Scrum team on potential impact to test schedule.
* Records and tracks defects uncovered during the execution of tests scripts. Drives defect towards resolution; proposes and designs retest cases, scripts and data. Contributes to the defect management: defect status, root cause, daily triage meeting.
* Provides timely and accurate status defect information and appropriate metrics to facilitate QA reporting. Reports individual status: dashboard information, open issues, risk analysis.
* Participates in Production Support Testing as needed.
* Provides consistent and uninterrupted testing service to the organization and minimizes risk of systems down time.
* Adheres to established standards and methodologies. Utilizes tools and methodologies to improve individual effectiveness and to increase efficiencies in the QA and Scrum processes.
* Develops and sustains appropriate relationship with peers and other project team members
* Strong leadership capabilities, good judgment and the ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong analytical, problem solving and planning ability. Detailed oriented. Observational.
* Ability to multi-task to accomplish workload efficiently. Excellent time management.
* Good work ethic and general business acumen.
* Proficient on Microsoft Office suite.
* Experience with system development lifecycle. Extensive knowledge of test engineering methodologies.
* Working knowledge of testing concepts, verification and validation techniques, defect management, quantitative methods, risk management and measurement programs.
* Understanding of relational database principles, client/server infrastructure, and n-tier architecture concepts.
* Working knowledge of defect tracking, quality principles and testing tools.
* Knowledge of Sybase, Oracle, Web and Middle tier testing.
* Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
* Minimum of 5 - 8 years’ experience in Quality Assurance.
* 1+ years’ experience in leading test projects. Training on project management or equivalent knowledge.
* Understanding and applying guidelines for ethical decision making:
* Acts in the best interest of the organization
* Demonstrates integrity in all situations
* Hold self and others to Company’s values