Ellucian is the world’s leading provider of software, services and insight to higher education. Ellucian helps the higher education community—students, faculty, and staff—achieve their goals more efficiently, effectively, and with reduced risk. Ellucian’s comprehensive suite of software solutions includes student information systems (SIS), finance and HR systems, recruiting and retention systems, among other offerings.
At Ellucian, we are seeking a high caliber leader for our organization. This is an opportunity for the successful candidate to be part of our cloud leadership team, helping to drive our transformation into a world-class SaaS provider. Ideal candidate will be a high-performance manager with an extensive background leading cloud infrastructure networking teams on AWS infrastructure at prior SaaS companies.
* Manage an engineering team responsible for driving network automation and delivery of multiple enterprise SaaS and hosting products by:
* Building resilient network infrastructure
* Designing and implementing Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity solutions
* Designing and driving network security tools and processes
* Improving scalability by automating self-service portals for provisioning and day-to-day operations tasks
* Develop the roadmap, propose solutions and lead the design for optimizing and securing network infrastructure
* Work with product and application architecture teams to create and maintain reference architecture meeting network latency requirements and adherence to security protocols
* Standardize customer deployments and work directly with customers to meet their requirements while adhering to Ellucian change management and security processes
* Build tools to help manage data sovereignty and disaster recovery constraints in an international environment
* Create a culture that is nimble, energized, customer centric typical in a leading SaaS company
* Establish organizational metrics to measure and manage performance and progress
* 5-7 years of network engineering and operations experience leading a 24/7 technical team with a SaaS provider deploying and operating complex cloud infrastructure, at large scale, that is highly resilient and using Amazon Web Services
* Experience operating SaaS applications
* Deep understanding of cloud networking technologies, methodologies and services including VPC Network management, security, access controls and monitoring, Connectivity to AWS Cloud, Routing, etc.
* Experience in defining and implementing automation opportunities within an operations environment
* Proven ability to perform in a collaborative, team-oriented environment with a strong customer orientation (internal and external)
* Familiarity with ITIL
* Strong People Manager
* Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels within the organization
* Work well with cross functional global and remote teams
* Must be impeccably honest and ethical
An undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or management, or equivalent experience is required. An advanced degree in related field is a plus. Ideally ITIL certified.
Apply to Ellucian (Senior Manager for Cloud Networking)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.