Lilly is a global health care leader that unites caring with discovery to make life better for people
around the world. For more than a century, we have stayed true to a core set of values—excellence,
integrity, and respect for people—that guide us in all we do: discovering medicines that meet real
needs, improving the understanding and management of disease, and giving back to communities
through philanthropy and volunteerism.
The Clinical Project Statistician develops or assists in the development of protocol designs, clinical plans, and data analysis plans in collaboration with physicians, veterinarians, and/or medical colleagues. The Clinical Project Statistician is responsible for working with research associates and scientists to establish a reporting database and for analyzing data for these types of studies.
Statistical Trial Design and Analysis
* Operate in collaboration with study personnel to provide input on study protocol, design studies and write protocols for the conduct of each study.
* Assist in or be accountable for selecting statistical methods for data analysis, authoring the corresponding sections of the protocol, and conducting the actual analysis once a reporting database is created.
* Collaborate with data management in the planning and implementation of data quality assurance plans.
* Maintain currency with respect to statistical methodology, to maintain proficiency in applying new and varied methods, and to be competent in justifying methods selected.
* Participate in peer-review work products from other statistical colleagues.
* Communication of Results and Inferences
* Collaborate with team members to write reports and communicate results.
* Assist with, or be responsible for, communicating study results via regulatory submissions, manuscripts, or oral presentations in group settings, as well as for communicating one-on-one with key customers and presenting at scientific meetings.
* Respond to regulatory queries and to interact with regulators.
* Therapeutic Area Knowledge
* Understand disease states in order to enhance the level of customer focus and collaboration and be seen as a strong scientific contributor.
* Regulatory Compliance
* Perform work in full compliance with assigned curriculum(s) and will be
* Responsible for following applicable Corporate, Medical, local, and departmental policies, procedures, processes, and training.
The Project Statistician at this level provides statistical leadership in multiple dimensions including:
* Introduces and applies innovative methodology and tools to solve critical problems
* Merges scientific thinking & business knowledge to identify & impact business issues.
* Drives projects internally (or externally), and works effectively across functions. Uses technical expertise to influence business decisions.
* Identifies broad technical issues, drives assessment of options and implements robust solutions.
* Has broad understanding of regulatory environment; demonstrates leadership on regulatory issues.
* Ph.D. in Statistics or Biostatistics
* At least 3 months of applied statistical research experience at industry(e.g., internship or full-time employment) OR academic research centers, outside of PhD dissertation
* At least one publication on statistical methodology in a top tier statistical journal
* At least one oral presentation at a statistical conference
* Teamwork and leadership skills
* Technical growth and application with working knowledge of experimental design and statistics
* Self-management skills with a focus on results for timely and accurate completion of competing deliverables
* Resource management skills
* Creativity and innovation
* Demonstrated problem solving ability and strategic thinking
* Business process expertise associated with critical activities (e.g. regulatory submissions)
Apply to Eli Lilly (Research Scientist for Clinical Project Statistician)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.