Ebates is a profitable, high growth e-commerce company based in San Francisco. We offer a casual but fast-paced environment where creativity and effective teamwork and collaboration are rewarded. We are changing the way people shop online, and we strive to provide the best possible customer experience - not to mention cash back on every purchase, with no strings attached.
We're seeking an exceptional data scientist with deep expertise in statistics, machine learning and optimization to help drive growth on a core part of our product offering. You’ll have to be a team player, with the ability to work across a variety of departments, and you’ll have to be comfortable on the front lines of the business making a real difference. You’ll be responsible for creating and enhancing data science products, through innovative thought processes, all the way from conception to deployment and testing. This role is perfect for someone looking to make a real difference by deploying their data science skill set at a successful and growing company.
* Design scalable algorithms, using large amounts of data, to drive ever smarter products
* Use data mining skills to design and develop tools that can optimize recommendations and user experience for our website customers
* Use internal data to better understand customer behavior within the business funnel, from acquisition, through retention to monetization
* Work closely with a variety of teams to deploy tests and drive deployment of data science products
* Experience working as a data scientist for an e-commerce website
* Experience developing optimization and recommendation algorithms
* Experience using statistics and a variety of models to understand the workings of an ecommerce business
* Experience communicating analyses and fielding questions from executive team members
* Experience with successfully moving data science products from prototypes to production release
* Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
* Experience working on multiple projects at the same time, with short deadlines
* MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field
* 4 plus years experience working as a data scientist at an e-commerce website
* Strong R skills
* Strong SQL skills
* Experience working with reporting tools (Tableau or Looker preferred)
* Experience with Python and Scala a plus
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.