Headquartered in Sugar Land, Texas, CVR Energy is a diversified holding company primarily engaged in the petroleum refining and nitrogen fertilizer manufacturing industries through its holdings in two limited partnerships, CVR Refining, LP and CVR Partners, LP.
The Sr. Application Support Analyst will provide front-line support and problem analysis for a select number of complex enterprise applications and also provide escalation support for Jr. members of the support staff. Key activities are to support software integrations, software installations, software configuration, testing and troubleshooting. This position is also responsible for managing the relationships of important third party software vendors.
* Is a Key leader on the support team – a bridge of Technical and Management skillsets
* Taking a lead role in detecting, diagnosing and resolving system and application problems; conduct root cause analysis, submitting and managing incident tickets, following through on analysis, and developing methods for improvement.
* Collaborate on change implementation plans and strategies, performing risk and impact assessments prior to change implementation.
* Manages the delivery of exceptional customer service in a fast paced environment through phone, email and IM by consulting with management team, peers and subordinates and finally end users to clarify program intent, identify problems, suggest changes and document discussions/issues and translates changes into clear and actionable application directives.
* Provides and directs oversight of all vendor support and ensures incident resolutions and problems are correctly identified with the proposed final solution consistent with the end users’ project requirements.
* Serves as senior technical resource on lights-on projects and support activities, including coordination with business owners and reporting progress and status.
* Maintains an organization-wide view of business and application architecture with high-level visual schematic of key systems and business flows.
* Works closely with developers taking into account budgetary restraints and vendor relations.
* Identify systems and business architectures with reliability or capacity risk; suggest remediation to improve serviceability.
* Identify areas within Application Support which can be made more efficient through automation, contribute ideas and solutions related to our transition to continuous delivery and work closely with team to contribute to the creation and implementation of such automation
* Create automated solutions for application and infrastructure monitoring, with focus on exception based alerting; Leverage open source tools wherever practical
* Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. This includes: Interviewing, hiring and training, planning assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Supports SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) and MDM (Master Data Management) initiatives with business and technical perspective and understands the company’s strategic objectives for future technical architectures.
* 8+ years of experience in management of applications or technical support roles or 10+ years of demonstrated technical proficiency may be substituted for education requirements.
* Ability to articulate ideas to all levels of management and technical staff. Must be comfortable communicating with senior levels of management of the company.
* Experience leading application support and maintenance production support activities.
* Experience in working with complex integrated Enterprise systems, troubleshooting systems and integration related issues and facilitating through issue resolution. Possess broad understanding of enterprise business/functional processes in financial, HR, plant maintenance and operations, supply chain and other corporate areas.
* Display disciplines in incident management, problem management, change management and service requests and the resulting documentation.
* Understands complex applications functionality, triage issues and identifies and documents resulting resolutions and displaying competent problem solving skills.
* Displays knowledge of web-based Microsoft development platforms, SQL Server and/or Oracle databases.
* Exposure to application development technologies such as .NET or Java desired. Intermediate to advanced database skills using SQL Server (includes design and scripting of tables, stored procedures, etc. using Visual Studio and SSMS).
* Practical experience creating SQL Server Integration Services packages (SSIS ETL development using BIDS 2005/2008).
* Practical experience with Windows Console App Development in C# (ETL development using Visual Studio 2010 .NET 4.0).
* Experience writing DOS batch scripts used to automate tasks.
* Basic server admin skills related to application development (configure IIS, set up Scheduled Tasks, shared folders, etc.).
* Experience creating process flows with Visio and writing technical documentation.
* Experience working with QA and application deployment teams to move applications into production
* Ability to partner with leadership team, peers, vendors, and subordinates to develop and enhance reporting capabilities in order to provide a suite of reports/dashboards ensuring customer needs are met.
* Experience in the Oil & Gas industry considered a plus.
* Fluent in English, oral and written required
* Ability to adjust schedule to meet business needs
* Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology or other related scientific or technical discipline required; or demonstrated technical proficiency may be substituted for education requirements
Apply to CVR Energy (Senior Application Support Analyst)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.