Curtiss-Wright Corporation (NYSE: CW) has a long history with its roots dating back to Orville and Wilbur Wright's first flight in 1903, and Mr. Glenn Curtiss, the father of naval aviation. In 1929, the companies founded by these three great aviation pioneers, the Curtiss Aeroplane and Motor Company and Wright Aeronautical Corporation, merged to form the largest aircraft company at the time, Curtiss-Wright Corporation.
An opportunity has arisen for an electronics technician to join our leading Flight Test, Avionics and Space System Engineering team in Dublin. The successful candidate will join the Design Services team where they will be expected to contribute with the development of electronics products within in a (ISO 9001 and AS9100) quality controlled environment. He/she will ideally be an all-rounder with a mix of experience that might include electronic and/or mechanical design . He/she should have excellent attention to detail and be comfortable delivering quality technical documentation.
* Product assembly design -- Product assembly instructions, Bills of materials
* Project lead -- scheduling, project tracking, technical documentation
* Component soldering, Initial product build, Design rework, jig/cable design and assembly
* Documentation -- technical drawing and datasheet reviews
* Resolve design/build issues raised by production
* Contribute to ISO-9000 procedures and resolve related corrective actions
* First article inspection for new parts/products
* Component sourcing
* Third level education of any kind in a related discipline.
* 2-5 years industry experience in an electronics, electromechanical or mechanical role.
* Strong verbal and communication skills.
* Good aptitude for spacial and mechanical reasoning.
* Experience using MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc)
* Experience testing or debugging electronic designs.
* Experience designing or working with electronic design schematics -- Orcad.
* Knowledge or experience with a scripting language -- Python
* Experience with 3D CAD modelling software -- Autodesk or Solidworks.
* Operating within QMS ISO or AS9100 environment