CrowdStrike is a leading provider of next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post incident response services. We are the fastest growing endpoint protection company, one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
CrowdStrike is looking to hire a Systems Engineer in the Seattle or Irvine area, to help us take our internal automation to the next level. We’re looking for a highly-technical, hands-on engineer, who loves to work with data plane services like Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, and Spark. Who is comfortable building self-service APIs and automation around large-scale cloud-based critical systems. We’ll be looking at candidate CVs with an eye on achievement. What you’ve accomplished in the past tells us the most about what you can do for us in the future.
* Maintain a deep understanding of the data components including: Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, and Spark, and use that understanding to automate creation and maintenance of properly configured clusters.
* Work with Engineering to roll out new products and features.
* Develop infrastructure services to support the CrowdStrike engineering team’s pursuit of a full devops model.
* Work closely with Engineering and Customer Support to troubleshoot time-sensitive production issues, regardless of when they happen.
* Keep petabytes of critical business data safe, secure, and available.
* Experience automating creation and maintenance of large scale data stores.
* Experience building, securing and supporting internal service APIs
* Experience with large-scale, business-critical Linux environments
* High level of proficiency with Python
* Experience operating within the cloud, preferably Amazon Web Services
* Proven ability to work effectively with both local and remote teams
* Track record of making great decisions, particularly when it matters most
* Rock solid verbal, written, and communication skills
* A combination of confidence and independence with the prudence to know when to ask for help from the rest of the team
* Experience in the information security industry preferred, but not required
* Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field, such as CS, CIS or Engineering
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.