At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen.
As a member of the Crystal Growth Equipment team, the person in this role will be responsible for performing equipment startup, modifications, upgrades, troubleshooting and maintenance on production and R&D systems. This role will interact directly with process engineering and other groups to meet department and Cree goals. Successful candidates will have a strong team mentality and strong communication skills. Candidates working in this area must exhibit and mandate safe working practices. This role will also be responsible for a diverse mixture of activities with a strong emphasis on hands-on mechanical assembly, high vacuum systems, and light electrical work.
* Provide equipment support to improve tool performance
* Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions (to board level in some cases), determine corrective actions, and implement these actions
* Performs electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process
* Dismantles, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches or drawings
* Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts
* Rebuilds manufacturing equipment as required
* Provide flexibility for 7 X 24 technical support for critical ongoing projects, installations, and repairs
* Associates degree in an engineering or technology discipline or equivalent military experience
* Strong hands-on based mechanical aptitude; using common hand and power tools, good vacuum practices, and attention to detail
* Mechanical background - because of the uniqueness of the equipment, candidates will not possess prior experience on Cree’s specific equipment
* Basic knowledge of electrical systems
* Ability to read and understand electrical wiring, block, and schematic diagrams
* Ability and desire to learn new fields of discipline
* Experience with MS Office Excel
Apply to CREE (Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.