Job Posting Details
We help consumers make better choices about credit cards. The credit card is one of the most ubiquitous products in the world. It’s hard to imagine modern life without it. It’s also one of the least understood. And that lack of understanding is potentially threatening to consumers’ economic well-being. CreditCards.com is the leading online marketing and publishing organization devoted to helping consumers make informed choices about credit cards.
Using data to improve processes and drive business goals something you love? CreditCards.com is looking for a passionate Data Scientist to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. Reporting to the VP, Business Intelligence & Data Analytics, this position is located near the Arboretum area in Austin, Texas.
* Acquire data from various data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
* Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
* Assist in interpreting and validating A/B test results across various web properties.
* Develop interactive dashboards, reports, and analysis templates using internal tools.
* Responsible for predictive modeling, clustering analysis, attribution analysis, and anomaly detection.
* Participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions - interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions.
* 2+ years of relevant, professional experience in a data science, business analytics, business intelligence or comparable data engineering role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology
* Predictive modeling or machine learning is a must have
* Statistical analysis experience
* Tableau experience is a plus
* Python experience is a plus
* Familiarity with web based businesses is a plus
* Excel power user (pivots, lookups, you name it…you dream in Excel spreadsheets)
* Versed in extracting data from a database via retrieval queries
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills as you’ll work cross-functionally across the organization (marketing, finance, sales, etc.—you will work with every department)
* A/B test experience is a plus
* Must be an analytical and creative thinker: wherever possible, you look to resolve questions through data and measurement
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy – you will be collecting, organizing, analyzing and disseminating significant amounts of information on which business decisions will be made
* You are skilled at being a storyteller with data
* Online web analytics experience preferred but not required (measuring and tracking website behavior, interaction, pathing and fallout)
**Other Desired Tools/Languages:**
* Adobe Marketing Cloud (SiteCatalyst, Audience Manager, Dataworkbench, etc.)
* SQL (we use MySQL in house)
* R, SAS, Python or other statistical packages/languages desired
* Experience with BI tools (Tableau, SiSense, etc)
Compensation and Working Conditions
||VP, Business Intelligence & Data Analytics
Additional Notes on Compensation
A small, agile software development team environment. Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. Paid vacation. 401(k) with employer contributions. Snacks, drinks, foosball, and more.