cPanel is a control panel designed for the web hosting industry. It provides hosting providers with automated point-and-click hosting platforms.
cPanel was launched in 1997 by cPanel Inc. and its operations are based in Houston, Texas.
The Web/Graphics Designer will be responsible for building and shaping a visitor’s and/or client’s experience with the company website and overall brand. In this role, the individual will be creating graphics and code for cPanel print and web initiatives by using consistent messaging, creative strategic design, and adhering to policies related to brand identity. The Web/Graphics Designer will also heavily collaborate and incorporate design with business goals and initiatives, as a member of the Marketing Scrum Team.
* Designs, manages, and updates cPanel’s online properties, including bug fixes
* Identifies and suggests improvements to cPanel online properties
* Creates print graphics for marketing initiatives including trade show booth graphics, flyers, brochures, logos, business cards, and other types of media needed
* Creates clean semantic HTML and CSS for web projects
* Coordinates ongoing branding efforts in collaboration with the marketing team
* Participates in ongoing marketing plan and projects
* Meets deadlines through agile project management
* Adheres to, develops, and maintains consistent use of corporate brand identity
* Exercises due diligence in testing code and adheres to Company standards in all browsers before releasing to public
* Develops, creates, and improves user experiences
* Adheres to the policies and procedures of the company
* Exemplifies the Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration and Follow-through
* Expert knowledge in the use of online and offline design concepts
* Understanding of printing specs and concepts
* Working knowledge of general web hosting principles and practices (bandwidth, FTP, Domains/Subdomains, System Administration)
* Expert knowledge of design and web development software
* Fundamental understanding of user experience (UX) principles
* Awareness of emerging web, design, and social trends and best practices
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 3 years of graphic design experience (flyers, brochures, print materials, etc.)
* 3 years of web design/development experience (HTML, CSS, etc.)
* Communications skills: Timely replies on emails/conversations, knowledge sharing, and internal/external communications all are important elements of communication.
* Collaboration: We value building consensus and seeking win-win outcomes over just getting one’s own work done (i. e., “self sub-optimizing”: focusing on one’s own tasks rather than considering the team as a whole).
* Continuous improvement: By improving oneself and helping others to improve, the capabilities of the overall team increase.
* Quality of work: One’s defect has a negative impact on the other team members, and ultimately on the overall quality and productivity of the team.
* Role sharing: The willingness and ability to share responsibilities bi-directionally outside of one’s functional silo make the team more robust.
* Travel: Occasional local and overnight interstate, intrastate, and overseas travel by car or air may be required; travel in a car for daily work is required
**Work Environment & Physical Demands**
Near and color vision; hearing; ability to transport oneself as needed throughout the day; ability to sit and use computer workstation, including keyboard and visual display terminal, for extended periods of time; manual dexterity (eye/hand coordination); repetitive arm/hand movements.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.