Laboratory Corporation of America® Holdings (NYSE: LH), an S&P 500 company, is a world leading life sciences company, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and develops technology-enabled solutions to change the way care is provided.
The Senior Chemist I job is in Covance's Food Solutions unit in Madison, WI. As a Senior Chemist I you will act as data approver for data generated in cost centers for Food Safety analysis.
- Communicates pertinent questions or information to client service staff, sample management, study directors, or clients.
- Monitors/evaluates the scientific and quality performance of routine assays through control charts or other means. Provides stakeholders with progress reports as needed.
- Develops client relationships at the direction of management.
- Discusses project or method issues with the area supervisor, and suggests solutions and actions.
- Works with lab staff to implement client specific procedures, investigations, or validations.
- Keeps methods, method summaries, and method references current and accurate.
- Assure on-time delivery of high quality data.
- Assure that final results reported are approved and in compliance with appropriate SOPs.
- Participates in client visits.
- Bachelor's degree in science (Experience may be substituted for education).
- Skilled in HPLC analysis and troubleshooting
- LCMSMS, GC, or GCMSMS familiarity preferred but not required
- Familiarity with Contaminant testing techniques preferred but not required
- Ability to conduct limited review of related literature and references to obtain the required information and subsequently apply it.
- 3+ years' Experience in Analytical Testing of Contaminants
- Skilled in data interpretation and report writing.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.