Coursera is scaling a global platform to provide universal access to the world’s best education, and we’re driven by the passion and mission to let people learn without limits.
We’re seeking a rigorous, impact-oriented data scientist to craft deep quantitative insights that will drive the development of our platform. The ideal candidate has strong quantitative and modeling skills, keen product and business intuition, and a passion for education. You’ll work with product managers, engineers, and other data scientists to grow the reach and quality of Coursera learning.
* Defining and driving exploratory analyses to inform company direction
* Modeling platform dynamics and user behavior to generate and prioritize ideas for product changes
* Designing and analyzing complex experiments of new features and interventions
* Working cross-functionally with engineers, product managers, and other data scientists to innovate on and improve our core products
* Background in applied math, computer science, statistics, or related technical field; 2+ years of industry experience (or academic research) preferred
* Strong applied statistics and modeling skills
* Proficient with at least one scripting language (e.g., Python) and at least one statistical software package (e.g. R, NumPy/SciPy/Pandas)
* Proficient with relational databases and SQL
* Ability to structure a problem from idea to exploratory analysis to experiment to prototype, and to partner with engineers in implementation
* Excellent communication and project management skills
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.