Conagra Brands is a leader among top brands in North America, and is committed to providing great food today’s consumers want.
This position is responsible for the production processes in the manufacture of David Seeds. This may include working in any of the following productions areas: receiving, roasting, seasoning or packaging. The Production Technician I is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the equipment in the assigned production area while adhering to all quality standards.
* Follow Standard Operating Procedures within the assigned work area.
* Perform product checks to verify quality measures.
* Troubleshoot, repair, maintain and monitor assigned equipment.
* Complete equipment sanitation.
* Adhere to all safety requirements and guidelines.
* Participate in continuous improvement activities.
* Conduct daily, weekly, monthly equipment inspections and maintenance tasks.
* Understand and apply concepts in technical vendor manuals.
* Use a variety of tools including precision, hand and powered.
* Identify and communicate any safety, quality or operational issues to the appropriate resources.
* Maintain a clean work area and follow all 5S requirements.
* Provides back up for other Technician positions.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
**Education and Experience:**
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
* One year in experience in a manufacturing facility, food production preferred
* Experience with mechanical concepts preferred
* Varying levels of overtime may be required based on business needs.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Effectively communicate with others.
PC based computer literacy
**Work Environment Requirements:**
* Position works in a manufacturing environment with varying conditions including moderate noise levels.
* Ability to move within office and manufacturing facilities, write by hand and keyboard, and perform general office functions.
* Ability to communicate by speech and hearing via phone and in person.
* Visual acuity needed for close detail work and computer use.
* General manufacturing, warehouse and office environment.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.