Conagra Brands is a leader among top brands in North America, and is committed to providing great food today’s consumers want.
The quality assurance incoming ingredient technician is responsible for ensuring ingredients used in this production facility meet the requirements outlined in the ingredient specification. The incoming ingredient technician is involved in all aspects of quality and safety including but not limited to audits, HACCP program evaluation, GMP training, sanitation evaluation, insect and rodent control, working with operations personnel on quality and safety issues, inspecting returned and incoming products, customer complaints, implementing policies and procedures.
* Monitoring of incoming ingredients for compliance to specifications including review of Certificates of Analysis (COA’s) or sampling and testing as required per test schedule.
* Collect data regarding physical attribute information on incoming ingredients including reviewing historical data for possible trends or shifts in data.
* Communication with Logistics on incoming ingredient delivery schedule and required testing based on product risk category and specification requirements.
* Assure that materials received have adequate shelf life remaining per the manufacture date and receipt date.
* Assure that materials are stored at correct temperatures as required in the material specification.
* Maintain a master list of all materials used at the facility and special testing, storage, and shelf life requirements.
* Coordination of sample collection for microbiological and chemical analysis.
* Communication and follow-up of vendor failures to meet specification requirements through use of ICIX system.
* Communication directly with suppliers to provide COA’s if missing or incomplete.
* Collaboration with Supplier Quality on questionable ingredient disposition and vendor follow-up.
* Management and coordination of execution of raw material hold process/list for incoming ingredients and/or ingredients identified during production as needing to be placed on hold.
* Communicate and coordinate disposition of ingredients on hold with Logistics.
* Document ingredient noncompliance with digital pictures if necessary for clarification.
* Coordination of Supplier COAs with ingredient loads to assure correct lots are included on the COAs and to verify that specifications are met.
* Responsible for weekly production area audits and providing feedback to area supervisors.
* Assist the Quality Manager/Supervisors as needed.
* High school diploma or GED required; college degree preferred.
* 3-5 years quality inspection experience, Food Industry preferred.
* Thorough knowledge of Good Sanitation Practices (GSPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
* Computer knowledge to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
* Ability to read and comprehend product specifications and testing procedures.
* Must be able to communicate effectively and work in a team environment.
* Ability to read and interpret vendor lot code information.
Apply to Conagra Brands (Incoming Ingredient Technician)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.