Every day, Clover devices handle the core credit card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. We provide next-generation payment services to the world's largest payment processor, First Data, (USD$2.2 trillion processing volume). Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers.
Our Web Engineers are tasked with improving/expanding our platform and product by developing our websites and supporting a wide range of functionality across the suite of apps we provide our merchants: Clover App Market, inventory management, reporting, employee management, device management, etc. Our Web Engineers work closely with Android Application Engineers, the Product Team and designers. Our engineers are pragmatic in balancing priorities and enjoy working in an iterative model where web features are released every other week. On a daily basis, you will spend 10% of your time discussing designs of new features, 40% of your time developing features, 40% of your time investigating/reproducing/resolving bugs, and about 10% of your doing code review. We are interested in hiring flexible engineers who can contribute in product discussions and balance their work on several projects. Ideal candidates have a passion for creating sleek interfaces that enhance merchants’ experience by providing insights into all aspects of their businesses.
* Own one, or more, of the web services; add new features, resolve bugs, and refactor/ improve code base
* Identify technical requirements in product meetings and assist the business team with realistic project planning and feature development; translate product requirements into functional, maintainable, extensible software that is in-line with company objectives
* Take ownership of new products/features from development through deployment and production monitoring
* Write automated tests for new web features and update existing tests as needed
* Collaborate with Server Application Engineers to determine the best way to maintain low response times as new features are designed
* Work with QA to develop test plans/strategies
* Participate in a regular on call rotation
* CSS and HTML templating
* Basic SQL knowledge
* Understanding of REST APIs
* Fundamental understanding of single-page apps
* Some experience writing tests; we use MochaJS and Selenium
* Some experience with front end framework: Angular, React, etc.
* Experience with package management systems, such as NPM, Bower, etc.
* Understanding of build systems: Grunt, Broccoli, etc.
* Superior problem-solving skills and browser debugging capabilities
* Flexible and self driven with a collaborative approach to problem solving
**Nice to have:**
* Previous experience with Ember.js framework
* Familiarity with Java
* Some exposure to CSS pre-compilers, such as Sass or Less
* Experience with distributed computing
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.