Clever Devices designs innovative technology solutions for all modes of public transportation, including fixed-route, bus rapid transit, paratransit and rail. Clever Devices solutions enhance mobility and help meet the public transportation challenges of communities around the world. Clever Devices deliver scalable and modular Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), providing benefits to transit system operators and the riding public.
The Project Manager is responsible for the financial, applicable technology and schedule performance of assigned projects within cost limitations and established standards. The Project Manager leads the project team for technical review of system design necessary to execute the assigned projects.
* Manage all aspects of a project, including planning, organization, and implementation of project activities
* Provide overall project communication to stakeholders and meet project requirements and stakeholder expectations
* Serves as primary point of contact with the customer of the project and keeps customer appraised of project progress
* Manage project activities, such as issue tracking and risk mitigation, facilitating project team meetings and preparing/delivering status reports
* Work closely with cross functional departments (Deployment, Engineering Design, Installation, and Field Service) to ensure successful execution of projects
* Established a working relationship with the customer’s stakeholders and maintains good communication correspondence with customer.
* Assembles appropriate team to meet and exceed project expectations
* Provide direction and control of work performed in the framework of project, including monitoring the critical path and implementation of appropriate corrective actions
* Coordinate and perform review of the project deliverables, software and hardware, and report on project performance
* Manage and plan with the Systems Engineering and Product/Engineering team leads for technical review of system design and documentation with the customer
* Able to perform basic hardware and software hands-on work.
* Manages applicable technology and quality assurance of assigned projects
* Establishes a project plan and schedules.
* Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to program master plans
* Manages financial schedule performance of assigned projects
* Maintains and keeps to schedule of assigned projects and communicates schedule changes as necessary
* Manages full lifecycle of project and ensures each aspect of the project is completed
* Manages procurement of equipment and materials necessary to execute on projects
* Coordinates with Sales and Account Managers to further sales opportunities
* May coordinate proposal preparation, including standards of work and specifications, estimation of product and service costs.
* May participate in negotiation and administration of contracts
* Travel required for onsite at customers facility 30-40% of the time including travel abroad.
* Adheres to company processes and policies.
* 10+ years experience as a Project Manager in a technical or engineering environment
* B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or Electrical Engineering or related field
* PMP certification
* Experience managing projects for external facing customers.
* Transit industry experience a plus.
* Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook as well as ability to learn new software programs such as Microsoft Dynamics AX
* Strong team building and leadership skills. Ability to lead the team.
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong problem solving skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Strong verbal and written communications, presentation and persuasive skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong negotiation and influence skills
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.