Charter Communications is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products. Charter is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 24 million residential and business customers in 41 states.
Network Engineer II position will be responsible for the design of enterprise class Commercial circuits within the Time Warner Cable organization.
* Utilize internal tools such as Granite Xng and Sales Force to design Commercial Engineering network elements and Commercial Services consistent with Engineering policies, standards, and best practices.
* Maintain the sites objects, network equipment, network and service path designs in Granite Xng to a 90 - 95% accuracy rating.
* Troubleshoot and resolve Granite, Sales Force and Design issues.
* Maintains TID management, IP addressing and IP allocation for equipment and network interfaces.
* Network Design, Granite and Sales Force experience necessary.
* Expected to respond to on-call issues and participate in a standby rotation.
* Must be able to function effectively in a team environment to accomplish team goals.
**Candidate Should Have Understanding Of:**
* Optical Networking (CWDM, DWDM).
* Networking Protocols (IPv4, IPv6).
* Point to Point, Point to Multi-point, Multi-point to Multi-point, Dedicate Internet Access and Primary Rate interface (PRI) Network Topologies.
* Telcordia naming definitions for sites, equipment and circuits
* 5 years of experience administering a data (Ethernet, CWDM, DWDM) network.
* Ability to design MPLS, VPLS, RPR, 802.1Q switched networks, and related routing protocols.
* Understanding of optical transmission technologies including SONET, DWDM, CWDM, and xPON services as well as layer 3 routing and layer 2 switching / circuit emulation.
* Understanding of DC and AC power usage and planning.
* Experience with a large campus, enterprise, or carrier MPLS/BGP network as well as Sonet/TDM equipment.
* Microsoft Office, Excel and Visio.
* Demonstrates knowledge of LAG & MC-LAG architecture.
* Understanding physical and logical cross-connects as it relates to network design and traffic management.
* Has the ability to perform data analysis and reconciliation with reports and other data sources in order to support the network.
* Cisco, Alcatel, Juniper, RAD, and ADVA experience preferred but not required.
* Working experience with Telcordia Granite Inventory Client and circuit database is preferred but not required.
* Industry recognized network certification is preferred by not required.
**Education & Experience:**
* Preferred – 4 year degree in Computer Science or Information Systems/Technology or equivalent job experience.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.